Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weleda Skin Food


Credit: Vitacost

You are what your skin eats. So here's some really good organic food for it. Weleda Skin Food. One of my favorite organic beauty products.  This stuff is awesome for your feet, dry elbows, and cuticles. I even put it sometimes on the tips of my hair. Weleda says it can be used on chapped lips and on your face, but I use Vaseline for my lips and other stuff (post to come) on my face, but you can certainly give it a try.
 
No artificial fragrances in this (I don't wear perfumes and don't like any sort of artificial smells in my beauty products, detergents, etc.). The scent comes from natural oils, not floral or sweet, just healthy. For some of you, it might take some getting use to. 

Love the non-plastic tube packaging, the color, and the name. Really love that it contains organic pansy extract, chamomille, calendula and a precious essential mix of lavender, rosemary and sweet orange oil. How can you not love something with organic pansy extract? 
 
Skin Food is not greasy. It doesn't have a lot of glide to it because it's thicker than most moisturizers that contain silicone. Skin Food doesn't contain any form of silicone, dyes or any other synthetic. It does include acohol, though.
 
This stuff will last you a long time. I bought  a 2.5 oz tube during December 2012, and I still have about 1/3 of the tube left. The cream is so concentrated and thick, you just need a little pea size for each use. Available at vitacost.com, Whole Foods and I think even Target has it. Well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment