Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Photo: FourSistersInns

This is probably one of the best places to spend Valentine's Day -  Maison Fleurie in Napa Valley, Yountville, California. My husband and I stayed here a couple of days during our honeymoon over 18 years ago, and it's still getting rave reviews.

Maison Fleurie is one of fifteen properties run by the Four Sisters Inns. The Four Sisters Inns gets its name from Shelley Post (Four Sisters president) and her three sisters. Post is the last of the sisters to work in the business.

We stayed at three of their inns during our honeymoon. Each of the 15 Four Sisters Inns has its own personality. Maison Fleurie was my favorite, I think. Made out of stone and brick, it's the oldest hotel in Yountville and Napa Valley, built in 1873. French Country decor in a stunning Napa Valley setting, with the feel of a Jane Austen book. Kill me now.
 
And Yountville is one of the best places in Napa. Maison Fleurie's location is crazy-good. Excellent restaurants within walking distance (Redd, Bouchon and Bottega) and a few others just a short drive away (Mustard's Grill & Tra Vigne). If you weren't able to go this Valentine's, treat yourself next Valentine's. It's worth waiting for.

P.S. - I don't have a fireplace in my house, but I think I need to have two wingback chairs like these cream canvas upholstered ones in Maison Fleurie's sitting room. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment