Saturday, February 8, 2014

The perfect a-line denim skirt


(Credit: ASOS)

My favorite style era is by far the 1970's (with a little late 60's thrown in). I guess it's because those were my childhood years. I think my favorite piece of clothing of all time is the denim a-line skirt. Makes me happy every time I see one and takes me straight back to when I was a little girl.

The fit is always so forgiving (very important at my age) and comfy. Yet the style is fresh and modern, and at the same time classic. And it's just so versatile. You can dress it up, dress it down, or anywhere in between. Wear it to work with a nice blouse and nice shoes, or wear it on the weekends with flip flops and a tee.

This one by A.P.C. is  lovely. I especially like the two flap pockets at the front. Also the inverted pleat at the back. Nice details. It was on sale at asos.com for $115.74. Not sure if it's still available but had to show it to you so you knew what the perfect a-line denim skirt looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment