Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DIY African Juju hat

Photo: thenester.com

LOVE this African Juju hat pictured on the wall in this room. Juju hats have been appearing in the décor world for years now. Saw it all the time in Domino magazine before its demise. I'd love to have one in hot pink or creamy white, although I really like this yellow one (yellow doesn't mix in with my look, but this one is very, very tempting). The bad news is they run about $400, and I don't really wanna pay that much for feathers, you know?
 
The good news is that the DIY world via pinterest, etc. has gotten a hold of the Juju hat and run with it. So, if you're slightly crafty, you can buy the materials and make one yourself. I particularly like this one from the blog," ...Love Maegan":
 
Photo: ...lovemaegan
 
There's also instructions from Lisa Quinn on the LiveWell network's website for another beautiful one.
 
I'm the un-craftiest person on the planet, but my  mom and sister are SUPER crafty. Maybe I can convince them to whip one of these up for me if I buy them the supplies and throw in  a manicure/pedicure from my manicurist, Ines. Gonna work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment