Thursday, March 6, 2014

The one that got away...

Photo: Ikea
 
I missed the Leran pendant lamp at Ikea a few years ago by like, what, a few months? I kept seeing it over and over in magazines, other blogs, etc., and when I finally realized it was what I wanted, it was too late. It's no longer available in stores in the USA. And it was only $89 for this substantial piece, and I passed it up!!! My only hope  now is ebay or craigslist, but not too many people give up their Leran lamps so it's highly doubtful I'll find one. It's still available though in Ikea, Australia, if anyone's headed that way.

The Leran lamp adds just the right touch of bohemian, matches with anything - modern, country, simple, classic. It's what I tell all my friends all the time, if you decorate with what you love, even though the items are different styles, it will all work and go together because the single thread running through everything and tying it all together is that you love it, so it works.
 
Has that happened to you, let a home decor item get away that is no longer available? This has happened to me many times before with different items. But I guess I never learn, I just never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment