Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring is here


Photo: southernliving

Spring 2014 opened officially last Thursday, March 20. I don't know what says spring more than seersucker. Love this fabric, always have. I think it has something to do with the fact that my uniform from the time I was in kindergarten up through about 5th or 6th grade was made out of light blue seersucker. Believe it or not, we didn't have A/C in the classroom at the Catholic grade school I went to up until about 5th or 6th grade.  Un.Be.Lievable. I know, but it's true. There's nothing cooler than seersucker on a hot, humid Miami day. Then when we got A/C units in the classroom, hello new polyester uniforms. I wish I still had my old seersucker ones. The fabric was so soft from washing it so much; it almost felt like an old t-shirt. If I still had them, I'd have a seamstress make something out of them for me. Oh well.
 
Anyway, check out the "Rebecca" dress from Jolie and Elizabeth. Love that scalloped hem and diagonal pockets. Comes in pink and blue. $189, and Southern Living readers get 20% off online orders using the code SOUTHERNLIVING14.
 
To edge this up a little, I'd wear it with a military jacket like the Boyfriend Fatigue Jacket from J. Crew and either some white converse or a flat, nude thong sandal.

No comments:

Post a Comment