Saturday, January 25, 2014

Anthropologie Addict - Part 1



Credit: Anthropologie

They say the first step in admitting an addiction is admitting you have a problem. Well, if any of you know me well enough, you know I definitely have a problem with Anthropologie. I LOVE Anthro (it's nickname for the truly obsessed)!!!!! Favorite store of all-time. Going to Anthro is like going on a mini-vacation. Visit their kitchen section, you're in one country. Stroll through their bathroom section, you're visiting another country. Spend a little time at their jewelry counter, you've just been transported somewhere else.  In the 1970's, women were asking Calgon to "take me away." Well, my friends, in the 21st century, if you want to escape, just make a beeline for your local Anthro (that is, if you're blessed enough to have one) and be ready to get that serotonin flowing. 

Here in Miami, we're lucky enough to have not one but two Anthros within reach: one at Merrick Park in Coral Gables and one on Miami Beach on Lincoln Road. My personal preference and recommendation: the one in Merrick Park. I'm saying this not only because I live just minutes away, but also because parking is way easier at Merrick than on the beach. Also, because the Merrick Park Anthro is a bit smaller in size, it feels more "full" in terms of items and a little bit cozier. I can go on and on about Anthro, but will save my thoughts for later, which is why I've posted this as Part 1 of many, many more Anthro posts to come. 

So if you need a little time to yourself or just a quick get away, head on over to Anthro (if you don't have one near you, just pop on their website or blog - you'll get a similar get-away experience). But if you get addicted, don't say I didn't warn you. But hey, whatever. It's all good. I know you're gonna love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment